REWAISE project – Call for case studies
Assignment title: Case study presentations for Living Lab Methodology Handbook
Type of contract: Service contract (100 eur per case study presentation)
Deadline case study video delivery: Varies per topic: 16/2/21 – 6/4/21
Call published on: 1/2/21
REWAISE will create a new “smart water ecosystem”, mobilising all relevant stakeholders to make society embrace the true value of water, reducing freshwater and energy use, resulting in a carbon free, sustainable hydrological cycle, to transition into a resilient circular economy.
To support the setting-up of 9 Living Labs in the project, the “Living Lab Methodology Handbook” will showcase the many faces of Living Labs regardless of sector or thematic domains, presenting Living Lab projects in action from the many different application perspectives. As such, these case study webinars will not be restricted to water Living Labs, but will present different types of Living Labs and Living Lab projects across the globe.
ENoLL Office is looking for Living Lab experiences to be presented as case studies in the REWAISE Living Lab Methodology handbook. The case studies are ±10 minute long presentations of the Living Lab’s activities/projects on one or more of the below topics:
- What is a Living Lab (definition of a Living Lab from your lab’s perspective: how is your Living Lab unique / various domains of Living Lab application) DL 16/02/21
- How to set-up a Living Lab (experiences in setting up a Living Lab, both successes and obstacles faced along the way) DL 23/02/21
- Co-creation in Living Labs (the exploration phase of Living Labs, end-user/citizen engagement, co-creation methods, tools and activities) DL 02/03/21
- Experimentation in Living Labs (the experimentation phase of Living Labs, piloting, prototyping, demos) DL 09/03/21
- 4-helix stakeholder engagement (multi-stakeholder engagement beyond the end-users: engagement of public, private, academia in Living Labs & activities) DL 16/03/21
- Living Lab governance model (setting up a governance model for the Living Lab, experiences with Living Lab orchestration and governance) DL 23/03/21
- Value of Living Labs (experiences with communicating/demonstrating the value of a Living Lab, produced/perceived value of Living Lab across the different stakeholders involved) DL 30/03/21
- Living Lab business models (experiences with designing a business model for a Living Lab, showcasing your Living Lab’s business model) DL 06/04/21
- Living Lab evaluation (experiences with the evaluation of Living Lab projects & activities/experiences with the evaluation of your Living Lab and what you learnt along the way) DL 13/04/21
- Deliver ONE or MORE case study videos from the list above. Applicants able to cover a larger number of the topics above are preferred.
- The case study clips are self-recorded videos of yourself, presenting your Living Lab and the way your Living Lab operates (eg. example of a project, example of your Living Lab’s model of operation). Detailed instructions for recording will be provided (eg. white background behind speaker, PPT slides)
- Each case study video will be structured as:
- In a few sentences, explain what is (YOUR TOPIC) in the context of Living Labs? (Eg. In a few sentences, explain what is co-creation/experimentation/governance/etc. in Living Labs)
- Present your Living Lab (sector, thematic)
- Present your Living Lab case study in the (TOPIC chosen)
- In a few sentences, explain the main learning, obstacles, difficulties you faced in this case study / topic
- In a few sentences, explain the main outcome/success/impact reached through this case study / topic
- Deliver a PPT set to go along with your recorded case study presentation
- The first recording provided will be reviewed and requests for changes may be applicable. The expert can be asked for 1 or maximum 2 re-recordings of the same case study video following feedback provided.
The successful candidate will have excellent presentation skills and excellent command of the English language. The candidate will be able to demonstrate real-life experience (Living Lab project / method / tool / operational model etc.) to present as a case study in the topic that they are applying for.
The case study presentations are looking for both, successful case studies but also failures or lessons learnt from the process. A successful candidate will be eager to share both sides of the case study and learnings along the way.
The candidate will perform the recording of the case study video fully independently using their own equipment. For this a computer with video and sound recording is required, as well a space to record where the candidate can film themselves in good lighting with a white background behind.
- Deadline for application: 16/02/21
- Duration: The deadline for delivering the case study presentation is listed for each of the topics in the list above. For each topic, a specific deadline is indicated between the dates of 16/02/21 – 13/04/21)
- Remuneration: 100 EUR per case study video (±10 min)
- Location: teleworking
Besides the remuneration, the case study videos will shared among the Living Lab community and beyond, providing a platform for disseminating your Living Lab projects and activities.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this post, fill in the application form to indicate the topic(s) for which you would like to submit your case study. The form will also ask for a very brief description of the case study which you would like to present.
Selected candidates will be contacted to send their case study videos before the deadline(s) indicated for their topic(s).
APPLY HERE: https://forms.gle/jt5G6YLtFAidV8TXA