External Expert Needed for TALIA Project
Assignment title: External Expert – Senior Project Manager
Duration: Temporary contract (maximum 270 hours)
Preferred starting date: 16 September 2019
TALIA (Territorial Appropriation of Leading-edge Innovation Actions) is the Social & Creative project under the Interreg MED Programme on ENoLL’s Project Portfolio. The project is currently on its third year of activity and approaching the final straight of its journey.
In a nutshell, the TALIA project aims to promote trans-local innovation clusters for creative and social innovation by providing instruments that allow trans-national Mediterranean initiatives – the so-called Modular Projects – to connect with local innovation communities, starting from the regions of participating partners.
ENoLL’s role in TALIA can be summarised as follows:
- Mainstreaming results from the MED area to the rest of Europe. ENoLL’s main role will be to use its methodologies and tools, platforms and events to reach out to different global innovation communities.
- Establishing synergies at a project and policy level between the MED programme and other EU programmes. ENoLL will vehicle and escalate the TALIA message to Brussels policy level, through its links to the Commission DGs (Connect, Growth, Region, etc.) or the Committee of the Regions.
- Supporting the development of sustainable Quadruple Helix structures in the MED area.
ENoLL Office is calling for an External Expert under the role of Senior Project Manager to join our transnational team. The purpose of this role is to manage ENoLL ‘Capitalisation’ tasks within the TALIA project to promote and upscale the services of the Modular Projects through the final steps of the development and promotion of a methodological Toolkit. The External Expert will undertake both project management and analytical work for this task.
The External Expert will complement activities within the scope of ENoLL’s specific competencies and mission through a specific experience in regional innovation policy and specifically the MED programme.
- Testing of the TALIA Toolkit for the InterregMED Social&Creative Community.
- Participation in TALIA project meetings when needed.
- Presentation of the TALIA Toolkit and feedback collection from the TALIA partners.
- Promotion of the TALIA Toolkit at international conferences and events.
The successful candidate will balance excellent coordination and analytical skills with strong interpersonal communication in a multicultural context, and the ability to plan and implement in a team environment. The candidate will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- University degree in social sciences subject; advanced university degree will be of advantage.
- Good knowledge of co-creation and citizen-centric methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Cultural & Creative Industries domain, as well as Social Innovation field.
- Very good understanding of Regional Development and EU Policy-making processes.
- Good knowledge of Communication & Dissemination techniques.
- Proven track record in project management (minimum five years’ experience).
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners.
- Experience in developing Social Innovation methodologies.
- Previous experience with InterregMED Programme and TALIA project engagement will be an asset.
- Previous engagement in ENoLL activities and external expert/in house consultancy engagement will be a strong advantage.
- Experience of working in a research setting, having presented papers and results to the wider public.
- Experience in the curation, collection, and categorization of data.
- Capacity of distance collaboration and coordination of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working groups.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively to junior staff.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships.
- Positive and energetic approach towards work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and working knowledge of Italian is desirable.
- Duration: Temporary contract. (270 hours maximum during the months of September and October 2019)
- Renumeration: Based on experience, maximum 50 € per hour inc. VAT.
- Location: teleworking, ideally expert located in Italy.
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com with “Application: TALIA EE – Senior Project Manager” in the subject.
Deadline for applications is 13th September 2019 at 12:00 CEST.
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.