ENoLL co-organising the Connected Smart Cities Conference
Our office co-organised Connected Smart Cities conference, major event held in Brussels at Flagey venue (see picture below) on the 22nd on January, 2015.
Our office co-organised Connected Smart Cities conference, major event held in Brussels at Flagey venue (see picture below) on the 22nd on January, 2015. The summit, hosted by ENoLL (European Network of Living Labs) and supported by FIWARE (FIWARE.org), Organicity, and ECIM was the result of the ongoing collaboration in between ENoLL, Eurocities KSF, the CIP Smart City portfolio and FIRE. The conference covered the following topics:
- Interoperability and harmonisation of APIs;
- Connected Smart cities at national, regional and European level;
- Models for holistic procurement – the Smart City innovation ecosystem booster;
- Citizen engagement and tools;
- From smart city pilots to deployment. Exploring the concept City as a Living Lab.
- The communities (open source developers, coders, citizens). Labs and hubs in cities. Fostering community-driven innovation and entrepreneurship.
This public workshop, set up as a space for sharing and debate about technology, ecosystem and toolkits for open and connected smart cities, saw the participation of a number of European institutions, private companies and projects actively working on urban development and was a great opportunity for many ENoLL members to gather, meet stakeholders from public and private sector, discover new initiatives.