EUSIC 2020 Project Open Call: External Expert – Senior Project Manager
Assignment title: External Expert – Senior Project Manager
Duration: Temporary contract (maximum 250 hours from March 2020 until December 2020)
Preferred starting date: 2nd March 2020
About EUSIC 2020
The European Social Innovation Competition, launched in memory of Diogo Vasconcelos, is a Competition run by the European Commission across all European countries, now in its eighth year. The 2020 Competition is titled Reimagine Fashion – changing behaviours for sustainable fashion. We are looking for ideas that seek to improve the environmental and social impact of the European fashion market through the development of new products, services and processes, and innovative business models.
We are looking for ideas from one or more of the fields listed below and we encourage solutions that address several of these areas through a systems perspective:
- Solutions for sustainable use and consumption
- Solutions for sustainable production
- Solutions for improving the end of life stage
ENoLL’s role in EUSIC 2020 can be summarised as follows:
- Identify 10 experts who will double assess 250 entries.
- Identify 5-7 local mentors from Living Labs across Europe.
- Deliver a workshop at the Academy on user-centred design.
- Help to identify funders/partners for the Funders Fair.
- Help to input into the communications strategy and test messaging documents to make sure they are culturally appropriate.
- Help to identify speakers and venues and could speak themselves at key events.
ENoLL Office is calling for an External Expert under the role of Senior Project Manager to join our transnational team. The purpose of this role is to manage ENoLL tasks within the EUSIC 2020 project to promote and upscale the competition throughout Europe. The External Expert will undertake both project management and analytical work for this task. The External Expert will complement activities within the scope of ENoLL’s specific competencies and mission through a specific experience in Social Innovation and management of impact assessment activities.
- Support the assessment of the applications’ process.
- Identify mentors for the Social Innovation Academy and funders/partners for the Funders Fair.
- Coordinate and manage communication and promotion of the competition, thus including the support to international events and online webinars.
- Participation in EUSIC 2020 project meetings and calls (weekly) and events when needed.
The successful candidate will balance excellent coordination and analytical skills with strong interpersonal communication in a multicultural context, and the ability to plan and implement in a team environment. The candidate will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- University degree in social sciences subject; advanced university degree will be of advantage.
- Good knowledge of social innovation and impact assessment methodologies.
- Knowledge of the Social Innovation field, expertise in the fashion industry will be considered a plus.
- Good knowledge of Communication & Dissemination techniques.
- Proven track record in project management (minimum five years’ experience).
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners.
- Experience in developing Social Innovation methodologies.
- Previous engagement in ENoLL activities and external expert/in house consultancy engagement will be a strong advantage.
- Experience of working in a communication setting, having organised webinars and presentations online is considered an asset.
- Experience in coordinating and working in a multi-cultural team.
- Capacity of distance collaboration and coordination of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary working groups.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively to junior staff.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships.
- Positive and energetic approach towards work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Duration: Temporary contract. (250 hours maximum between March and December 2020)
- Renumeration: Based on experience, maximum 50 € per hour inc. VAT.
- Location: teleworking.
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe (compensated for applicants from Europe).
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV, brief cover letter and pricing offer in English to email@example.com with “Application: EUSIC2020 – Senior Project Manager” in the subject.
Deadline for applications is 26th February 2020 at 12:00PM CET.
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.