Action-Oriented Task Force on Social Impact of AI presentation in Barcelona
The ENoLL Action-oriented Task Forces are the main entry point for hot topics where the ENoLL community is particularly active and/or holds a leading role within their regional ecosystems or globally. ENoLL has built tremendous expertise in the area of co-creation and collaboration methods and is well-positioned to explore and engage with emerging approaches that aim to integrate for example core impact-related concerns such as ethics (“ethics-by-design”) and explainability into the creation of AI-based systems.
- To do projects tackling the social impact of AI though actions in the territories in a living lab fashion: multi-stakeholder and citizen-centric: To Increase and scale up the impact of our actions.
- To advance jointly in a narrative of social impact of AI in its different dimensions (labour, education, urban transformation, culture, cultural heritage and arts, ethics and behavioural change, etc., where our labs are reference): To provide not just a market-oriented but a socially transformative approach for AI research and the resulting innovations.
- To help our cities, companies and partners with a genuinely European approach for tackling the challenges of the digital transformation through AI: To advance in a more complete approach for capacity building around AI.
- To increase the social awareness about the current and future impacts of AI in our lives. This done from an engagement perspective with the European Citizens. To approach an inclusive perspective for the joint development of AI-based solutions.
- To contribute to the breaking of silos in the different institutions and stakeholders : To provide realistic, transversal evidence-based policy recommendations for our region and city managers.