Open Call: External Policy Expert - EXTENDED DEADLINE
Assignment title: External Policy Expert
Assignment duration: August 2020 – June 2022
Type of contract: Service contract (maximum 150 hours)
Preferred starting date: 03 August 2020 (due to the extension of the application deadline, the preferred starting date has been postponed by one week)
About Social & Creative
Social & Creative project under the Interreg MED Programme on ENoLL’s Project Portfolio. The project is currently on its first year of activity out of three years. Social&Creative aims to promote trans-local innovation clusters for creative and social innovation by providing instruments that allow trans-national MED modular projects to connect with local innovation communities, starting from the regions of participating partners.
See website for more information: https://social-and-creative.interreg-med.eu/
ENoLL Office is looking for an External Policy Expert to join our international team. The purpose of this role is to deliver 11 Policy Briefs between August 2020 and June 2022. The External Policy Expert will have to identify policy issues of relevance together with the ENoLL Office. These policy issues will be emerging from other project activities. Next to that the External Policy Expert will have to produce regular policy briefs to highlight the relevance of the issues and results from Modular Projects of Social & Creative community.
The External Policy Expert will regularly report the progress to the ENoLL Office and will complement the activities of ENoLL.
- Development of specific technical and advocacy input for Policy Briefs and related tools that advocate for the Social&Creative Industries in the Mediterranean area. Production of 11 Policy Briefs in a timely manner.
- Up-scale the results and methodologies of the Social & Creative project to a regional, national and European policy level.
The successful candidate will balance excellent required technical, policy and advocacy skills in a multicultural context with the ability to execute its work in a team environment. The candidate will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- University degree in social sciences subject; advanced university degree will be of advantage.
- Good knowledge of regional policy-making processes and Smart Specialisation Strategies.
- Good knowledge of the Living Lab approach.
- Knowledge of the Cultural & Creative Industries policy domain, as well as the Social Innovation field.
- Very good understanding of co-creation and co-design methodologies.
- Knowledge of semantic technologies for knowledge management and user interfaces.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents in a timely manner
- Proven track record in policy-making or counselling (minimum five years’ experience).
- Proven experience in advocacy in Europe.
- Track record of policy and advocacy successes;
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners.
- Experience with inter-regional or cross-border Living Labs.
- Previous experience with the InterregMED Programme will be an asset.
- Capacity of distance collaboration and coordination of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary work groups.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships.
- Positive and energetic approach towards work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English
- Duration: From 3 August 2020 until 30 June 2022 (maximum 150 hours)
(note: the starting date has been postponed to 10 August, due to the extension of the deadline)
- Remuneration: Based on experience, maximum 50 € per hour incl. all taxes.
- Location: teleworking
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Social & Creative External Policy Expert” in the subject.
Deadline for applications is 27 July 2020 at 11:00 AM CEST. THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS HAS BEEN EXTENDED UNTIL TUESDAY 4 AUGUST 2020 EOB. Consequently the starting date of the assignment has been extended as well.
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with whom an interview will be scheduled.