REWAISE project - external expert call
Assignment title: External Expert
Assignment duration: July 2021 – December 2021
(contract to be potentially extended based on the project’s needs)
Type of contract: Service contract (219 hours in total, 36.5 hours per month)
Preferred starting date: 01 July 2021
Deadline for applications: 10 June 2021 at 23:59 CEST
Call published on: 19 May 2021
REWAISE will create a new “smart water ecosystem”, integrating an intelligent digital framework for decentralised water services and decision-making, involving all relevant stakeholders to embrace the true value of water, reducing freshwater and energy use, and recovering nutrients and materials. The results will be a carbon-free, sustainable hydrological cycle in line with the concept of a resilient circular economy. The nine living labs, grouped into 3 hubs (Mediterranean, Atlantic and Continental) will demonstrate real-world technological innovation business models and new governance methods that will contribute to a secure water supply for Europe. The concepts will be scalable and replicable to other municipalities and utilities across Europe and the world, fostering the transition towards resilient and smart water services.
ENoLL Office is looking for an External Expert to join our international team with the focus of successfully implementing goals and objectives of the REWAISE project. The expert will work under the guidance of the ENoLL Office and will regularly report to assigned supervisor as well as complement activities of ENoLL Office. The expert will support the ENoLL Office to analyse the societal context for the Living Labs (under Task 9.1), analyse the societal context for the LLs and their stakeholder engagement (under Task 9.2) and establish the Living Labs’ methodology (Task 9.4).
- Actively contributing to analyse the changes at societal levels in each LL through an in-depth literature review at the start of the project and mapping the stakeholders and their relationships.
- Participating in the Three Competency Groups that will be established in each Hub for developing stakeholder engagement activities.
- Build a specific LL methodology in collaboration with the 9 Living Labs involved in REWAISE.
- Conduct a workshop at DLLD21 Conference to validate and finalise the methodology with the sites.
- Contribute to the development of the REWAISE Methodology Handbook for Living Labs., including topics such as;
- Value of Living Labs
- How to set-up a Living Lab
- Real-life experimentation
- Living Lab evaluation
- Living Lab case studies
- Living Lab replication
- Timely production of results and meeting deliverable deadlines.
- Drafting of documents and reports for the project.
- Regular reporting to supervisor from the ENoLL Office. Coordination of activities together with the ENoLL Office and when necessary with the project partners.
- Attendance at monthly reporting meetings with project partners, as well as technical meetings when deemed necessary by the ENoLL Office.
The successful candidate will balance excellent required technical, project management skills and topic specific expertise in a multicultural context with the ability to execute its work in a team environment. The candidate will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- Desired University degree in social sciences subject (Innovation Management, Project Management, Engineering, etc.); advanced university degree, such as an MBA will be of advantage.
- Good knowledge of management and reporting of European Commission funded projects.
- Good knowledge of the Living Lab approach and the Living Lab methodology topics.
- Knowledge of the water management policy domain, as well as the Open Innovation field.
- Very good understanding of co-creation and co-design methodologies, user-centered design.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in EU funded projects of at least 5 years.
- Proven track record in stakeholder engagement and mapping methodologies.
- Experience in developing Living Lab methodologies and supporting the setting up of the LLs at European level.
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners.
- Experience with inter-regional or cross-border Living Labs.
- Previous experience with the Horizon 2020 projects will be an asset.
- Good knowledge/track record of working in the Living Lab community.
- Capacity of distance collaboration.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships.
- Positive and energetic approach towards work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Capability to facilitate workshops.
- Duration: From 01 July 2021 until 31 December 2021 (219 hours in total, 36,5 hours per month)
- Remuneration: Based on experience
- Location: teleworking
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and motivation letter in English, and any example of your work in the field to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: REWAISE External Expert” in the subject. Deadline for applications is on 10 June 2021 at 23:59 CEST. The interviews will be held in the following week. In the cover letter, please explain your vision and how results from the REWAISE project could be brought to the wider Living Lab community.