Vacancy: Junior Communications Manager
We are looking for a candidate
- Motivated by a career in communications and with interest in EU affairs
- With strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- With excellent capacity to research and quickly identify key information
- With practical understanding and experience of social media tools (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram), including crafting messages
- Who can apply critical thinking and be agile, proactive, and ready to take initiative
- Who is a quick learner, well-organised and able to work to deadlines
- With a talent in conveying complex ideas in accessible and concise messages· Is both a team player and able to work autonomously
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Social & Digital Media, Marketing, Public Relations or similar
- A successful track record of one to two years’ work experience
- English mother tongue or equivalent proficiency
- It is a plus if you have knowledge and interest in designing and editing visuals & videos and are willing to learn how to use new tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Powtoon, Canva, )
- You have experience with organising content for different digital channels and can produce effective messages
- You are interested in working with an international team and can produce messages that will reach the global audience
In your role, you will:
- Work in close collaboration with senior leadership, in particular with the Communications Manager and the Director
- Support the Communications Manager in preparation and implementation of the communications strategy and preparation of dissemination materials including but not limited to flyers, reports and publications
- Develop and implement numerous communication campaigns concerning diverse topics relevant for the network
- Support in organisation of events relevant for the network; attendance at events where the network can be promoted
- Plan, edit and write contents for external communications channels of the network
- Monitor and analyse the content posted on the communications channels.
– Evolve communications channels of the network in close collaboration with the senior leadership
- Support project dissemination
Fixed term contract of 6 months, with a possibility of extension. Salary corresponding to the profile and experience.
The selected candidate will start working with us as soon as possible. Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on ad hoc basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline for application is 5 September.