Social & Creative project – External expert call #4
Assignment title: External Expert InterregMED Academy
Assignment duration: Mid-January 2022 – End-June 2022
Type of contract: Service contract (180 hours maximum)
Preferred starting date: 17 January 2022
About Social & Creative
Social & Creative project under the Interreg MED Programme on ENoLL’s Project Portfolio. The project is currently on its first year of activity out of three years.
Social & Creative aims to promote trans-local innovation clusters for creative and social innovation by providing instruments that allow trans-national MED modular projects to connect with local innovation communities, starting from the regions of participating partners.
See website for more information: https://social-and-creative.interreg-med.eu/
What is the Social & Creative InterregMED Academy
Interreg MED projects, both from the thematic communities and Panoramed, have largely invested in trainings, seminars and summer schools to transfer the knowledge and hands-on
experiences acquired in the framework of their activities and to capitalise on their results.
All these initiatives highly contributed to the success of the projects and of the Program, but
most of them were run in complete isolation, had a limited outreach, and their mid and long
term impact has been in some occasions quite difficult to assess and measure.
By creating an “Interreg MED Academy” delivering trainings on strategic issues addressed by the Interreg MED Program on-line and in presence, we would like to join forces:
- to support the transferring and capitalising actions by creating a “community of interest” of Mediterranean stakeholders around the topics addressed by the Academy and a network of alumni that had the opportunity to attend our courses;
- to facilitate the collaboration between horizontal projects and Panoramed focalised on the design and organisation of courses addressing our primary audiences learning needs and not necessarily the Program MED project partnerships;
- to better coordinate the communication actions to reach out a wider public, to invite them to enroll to our courses and to keep the relation alive even once the courses are over;
- to facilitate the emergence and adoption of a shared methodology and quality standard to share the knowledge and hands-on experience, and to highlight case studies coming from the transnational cooperation projects.
The “Interreg MED Academy” could, therefore, become a strategic tool to support the transfer and capitalisation work packages while strongly contributing to the communication of the whole Program by demonstrating that it has created a forward-looking Community of Mediterranean stakeholders able to join forces to adapt to evolving situation.
ENoLL Office is looking for an External Expert to join our international team with the focus of successfully coordinating the implementation of the Social & Creative training modules for the InterregMED Academy on “Methods & Tools for stimulating innovation in the Social & Creative Mediterranean area”. The module will be structured in 4 main lessons spanning a total of 4 weeks during Spring 2022. The lessons will be focused on a set of 3 tools developed by the Social & Creative horizontal project with the support of all the Modular Projects part of our community with a total of 12 hours engagement for the students of this course. ENoLL is directly in charge of creating 1 training session and coordinating/supervising the work of other 2 Social & Creative project partners who will lead the other 3 training sessions. The expert will work under the guidance of the ENoLL Office and will regularly report to assigned supervisor as well as compliment activities of ENoLL Office. The expert will need to coordinate between the horizontal projects, the consortium, other external experts and the ENoLL office and will have a significant role in project development.
- Actively contributing to creating and developing 1 training session for ENoLL on the topic of “Co-creation Methods & e-Learning Toolkit for Enacting Open Innovation in the Social Innovation and Creative Community”.
- Coordination of the development of the other 3 trainings that will be produced from the project partners and in liaison with the ENoLL Office.
- Timely production of results and meeting deliverable deadlines
- Regular reporting to supervisor from the ENoLL Office. Coordination of activities together with the ENoLL Office and when necessary project partners
- Attendance at monthly reporting meetings with project partners, as well as technical meetings when deemed necessary by the ENoLL Office
The successful candidate will balance excellent required technical, capacity building and advocacy skills in a multicultural context with the ability to execute its work in a team environment. The candidate will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- University degree in social sciences subject; advanced university degree, such as MBA will be of advantage
- Good knowledge of trainings development
- Good knowledge of the Living Lab approach
- Knowledge of the Cultural & Creative Industries policy domain, as well as the Social Innovation field
- Very good understanding of co-creation and co-design methodologies
- Ability to produce clear and concise lectures and documents in a timely manner
- Proven track record in management of groups
- Experience in development and implementation of trainings will be an asset
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners
- Experience with inter-regional or cross-border Living Labs
- Previous experience with the InterregMED Programme will be an asset
- Good knowledge/track record of working in the Mediterranean Culture and creative community
- Capacity of distance collaboration and coordination of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary work groups
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships
- Positive and energetic approach towards work
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail
- Excellent level of written and spoken English; Italian is an asset.
- Capability to influence policy making.
- Duration: From 17 January 2022 until 30 June 2021 (180 hours maximum)
- Remuneration: Based on experience, maximum 55 € per hour incl. all taxes
- Location: teleworking
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and motivation letter in English, and any example of your work in trainings development, if available) to email@example.com with “Application: Social & Creative External Expert InterregMED Academy” in the subject.
In the cover letter, please explain your vision and how results from the Social & Creative InterregMED community could be brought to the wider Living Lab community.
Deadline for applications is 17 December 2022 at 12:00 PM CET.
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with whom an interview will be scheduled.