METABUILDING LABS - external expert call
Assignment title: External Expert
Assignment duration: July 2021– September 2021
(contract to be potentially extended based on the project’s needs)
Type of contract: Service contract (93 hours in total, 31 hours per month)
Preferred starting date: 01 July 2021
Deadline for applications: 10 June 2021 at 23:59 CEST
Call published on: 19 May 2021
About METABUILDING LABS
METABUILDING LABS is an innovation ecosystem. The members of METABUILDING LABS bring opportunities and innovation to the built environment sector. METABUILDING LABs’ focus is connecting stakeholders (small-medium enterprises to public bodies and large companies) from different sectors in order to create an integrated value chain. The METABUILDING LABS platform is the digital backbone and consists of several digital tools and services that help SME’s and other stakeholders engage in successful innovation. In this platform you will find services and information that will assist you in finding existing innovative technologies ready to be deployed or project partners seeking collaboration on new exciting projects.
ENoLL Office is looking for an External Expert to join our international team with the focus of successfully implementing goals and objectives of the METABUILDING LABS project. The expert will work under the guidance of the ENoLL Office and will regularly report to assigned supervisor as well as compliment activities of ENoLL Office. The expert will need to support the team in co-defining the MBLabs strategic ecosystem and services requirements to establish the technical offer to the different Living Labs (Task 2.1) and identify the technical and operational requirements for the Pilot buildings and Living Labs matchmaking digital module (Task 2.3). The expert will also provide knowledge for founding the METABUILDING Association creating the mechanism that will act as the central node in the MB Labs ecosystem, also including the drafting of the association bylaws (Task 9.1). The expert may also provide support for WP1 (business & innovation ecosystem building) & WP3 (MBLabs digital platform services development & integration) based on current needs of the project.
- Actively contributing to desktop work and stakeholder experts’ interviews for establishing the technical offer to the different Living Labs involved in the project.
- Collecting user operational requirements and needs of the different Living Labs involved in the project.
- Transforming the insights gathered from the analysis and interview activities to form personas, value proposition canvas, customer journeys and service blueprints (or other applicable tools).
- Supporting the work for founding the METABUILDING LABS association, thus including the drafting of its bylaws.
- Timely production of results and meeting deliverable deadlines.
- Drafting of documents and reports for the project.
- Regular reporting to supervisor from the ENoLL Office. Coordination of activities together with the ENoLL Office and when necessary with the project partners.
- Attendance at monthly reporting meetings with project partners, as well as technical meetings when deemed necessary by the ENoLL Office.
The successful candidate will balance excellent required technical, project management and advocacy skills in a multicultural context with the ability to execute its work in a team environment. The candidate is experienced with user-centric and Living Lab methodologies and tools such as personas, value propositions, customer journeys etc. resulting from real data (qualitative & quantitative). The candidate will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- University degree in social sciences subject (Innovation Management, Project Management, Engineering, etc.); advanced university degree, such as an MBA will be of advantage.
- Good knowledge of management and reporting of European Commission funded projects.
- Good knowledge of the Living Lab approach.
- Knowledge of the efficient buildings’ policy domain, energy, as well as the Open Innovation field.
- Very good understanding of co-creation and co-design methodologies, user-centred design.
- Expertise in Association founding and management, thus including drafting of bylaws.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documents in a timely manner.
- Previous experience in EU funded projects of at least 5 years.
- Proven track record in stakeholder engagement and mapping methodologies.
- Experience in developing Living Lab methodologies and supporting the setting up of the LLs at European level.
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners.
- Experience with inter-regional or cross-border Living Labs.
- Previous experience with the Horizon 2020 projects will be an asset.
- Good knowledge/track record of working in the Living Lab community.
- Capacity of distance collaboration.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships.
- Positive and energetic approach towards work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English.
- Capability to facilitate workshops.
- Duration: From 01 July 2021 until 30 September 2021 (93 hours in total, 31 hours per month)
- Remuneration: Based on experience
- Location: teleworking
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and motivation letter in English, and any example of your work in the field to email@example.com with “Application: METABUILDINGS External Expert” in the subject. Deadline for applications is on 10 June 2021 at 23:59 CEST. The interviews will be held in the following week. In the cover letter, please explain your vision and how results from the METABUILDINGS project could be brought to the wider Living Lab community.