Expression of interest for ENoLL Living Labs to host 2016's Game Jam
This internal call is launched in the context of JamToday project where ENoLL has been participating as a partner seeking to align living labs and game jams for learning environments so as to raise further awareness and better understanding of the game jam instrument, while generating new opportunities for both industry an
This internal call is launched in the context of JamToday project where ENoLL has been participating as a partner seeking to align living labs and game jams for learning environments so as to raise further awareness and better understanding of the game jam instrument, while generating new opportunities for both industry and academic/public sector partners.
The aim of the project is to provide a bridge between different sectors to guarantee the successful uptake of the next generation of educational games across Europe.
JamToday supports the creation, implementation and deployment of educational games by creating methods and tools and by providing a central learning hub for participating organisations that will ensure that stakeholders maintain a balanced understanding of the main issues, and the implementation hurdles that need to be overcome.
Why should you apply?
The project provides you specific guidelines, requirements and diversifiers to guide, inspire and motivate the gamejammers and provide guidance for the judging of the quality of the prototypes. On the top of that, organizing this event gives a great visibility of the organisaiton at European Level (through the project and ENoLL), plus you get a track record and experience in organizing Game Jams. This is an easy way of learning the methodology and in the future you may sell it as a tailored educational activity! Through the widespread Learning Hub you will get exceptional possibilities for European Networking.
Topics of the Game Jam:
2016: Supporting learning mathematics
Check Jams and result from the last 2 years:
The preferred date to organise the GameJam is before end of June 2016.
The suggested length of the Game Jam is 48hours.
We, ENoLL, will provide:
- Facilitation of the preparation, promotion & running of the Game Jam
· Access to the GameJam Toolkit, Guides and relevant materials
· Support in branding the event for your local dissemination.
· Promotion of your activities at European Level
The selected lab will be in charge of:
- Organising and hosting the Game Jam
· Disseminating and engaging your local communities in this event (directly involving your local communities)
· Facilitation of the day, applying your knowledge as lab in this type of co-creations event
If you are interested in applying for this call, please send your expression of interest by sending an email to email@example.com by Feb 29th indicating at least:
1. Your desire to participate
2. Short descriptive text of your organisation, skills and track record. Please highlight your experience/connection to Education and Mathematics
3. Potential indication of dates
4. Facilities in your ecosystem where the Game Jam would be hosted
Specifics, resources and support will be discussed independently with each of the interested Labs.
We look forward to hearing from you. Meanwhile if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.