Job opening – Association Director (extended deadline)
Are you motivated to play a leading role in shaping Europe’s citizen driven open innovation Living Lab network? ENoLL is recruiting its Association Director to lead the association’s activities and team.
The European Network of Living Labs (ENoLL) is the international federation of benchmarked Living Labs in Europe and worldwide. ENoLL counts today over 150 active Living Labs members worldwide (450+ historically recognised over 14 years) and it is present in five continents in addition to Europe. Directly, as well as through its active members, ENoLL provides co-creation, user engagement, test and experimentation facilities targeting innovation in many different domains such as energy, smart cities, mobility, healthcare, agrifood, etc. As such, ENoLL is well placed to act as a platform for best practice exchange, learning and support, and Living Lab international project development.
The successful applicant will be Brussels based, leading a 6+ person team, with proven leadership experience within open innovation / quadruple helix stakeholders’ networks.
The Association Director will:
- Coordinate the sound management of the association’s operations and the implementation of the network’s strategy defined by ENoLL Secretariat and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain and develop the heritage of the Living Labs movement in Europe and beyond.
- Host the association’s Executive Board and General Assembly meetings.
- Ensure compliance with Belgian Law and Regulations.
- Develop and responsible for the yearly internal management plan, ensuring the ENoLL office’s alignment with the ENoLL vision, mission (long-term goals) and executive actions (short-term goals).
- Ensure Financial and Operational performance in line with budget and periodic revisions based on the Treasurer’s indications.
- Suggests clear performance-based metrics for business development, membership relations and budget.
- Lead a team of ~5 staff based in Brussels and potential further staff engaged on teleworking basis.
- Practice advocacy towards the European Institutions and global stakeholders, keep liaison with policy makers, private and academic stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a high-profile communication strategy, building on ENoLL’s existing social media, newsletter and direct participation in the innovation community.
- Contribute into development of EU projects with the ENoLL team and wider community.
Desired skills and experience
- More than 10 years of relevant professional experience
- At least 5 years of people management and leadership experience
- MSc level education is preferable, other studies in association management, user centric and co-creation design methodology experience is an advantage
- Practical level understanding of the working of the EU Institutions – in particular the research and innovation programmes-, the relevant actors and decision-making processes
- Knowledge of the open innovation and living lab ecosystems in Europe and overseas
- Excellent public speaking and influencing skills at high level
- Strategic mindset with a track-record of successful advocacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in leading complex decision-making processes
- Experience with budget management
- Solid understanding of the relevant media, including social media
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English, other European languages are an asset
- Experience in association management and leadership is an advantage
- Willingness to undertake regular trave
The current ENoLL Director, Zsuzsanna Bódi will ensure a smooth transition and handover for the selected applicant on the course of the first semester of 2021.
Ideal start date for the position: March 2021.
Deadline to apply January 15th, 2021 18PM CET.
EDIT: Deadline to apply extended to 28 February 2021
To apply please send your CV and a letter of motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find more information in this brochure: ENoLL Candidate Profile
For more information about this opportunity please contact:
M: +32 488 945 579
M: +39 3397523533