iSCAPE educational materials on Living Labs
iSCAPE – Improving the Smart Control of Air Pollution in Europe (through Living Labs) has concluded after 3 years of fruitful collaboration between 15 European partners. The six iSCAPE Living Lab cities, Bologna, Bottrop, Dublin, Guildford, Hasselt, and Vantaa have connected a great variety of stakeholders, facilitating collaboration and sharing of multidisciplinary knowledge and experience to advance air pollution remediation strategies and solutions.
Sharing the lessons learnt from along the journey, have a look at the knowledge imparted from these experiences:
- The Living Lab Guidebook for Cities fighting against air pollution: Presents four keys to the sustainable city, in alignment with the New Urban Agenda, showcasing the iSCAPE Living Lab cases
- Tips&Tricks for sustainable Living Labs: cards were created in collaboration with Bristol Living Lab, summarizing key insights on how to build a sustainable Living Lab, in the form of a thought provoking discussion starter and reflection tool
- Let’s talk about Living Labs Podcasts: interviewing key partners from the iSCAPE project as well as two ENoLL members on how to – and how not to – Living Lab. How to create a Living Lab from project funding, or how not to make basic mistakes when setting up a Living Lab?
- Living Labbers Webinars is a continuing series of webinar presentations by the ENoLL community. View the webinar recordings from previous sessions and sign-up for the next webinar with Tampere city talking about implementation of Nature Based Solution on Thursday, 26 March 2020 11:00 – 12:00 CET
- Urban Living Lab Framework
Botnia Living Lab presents the Urban Living Lab framework and provides an introduction to the Living Labbers webinar series, which will be running between 2019-2020.
- Living Labs for Public Administration
In this webinar, Genève Lab share their experiences with Living Labs for public administration. Genève Lab’s main goal is to help improve public administration services by involving local stakeholders, including citizens, SMEs and academic institutions in digital innovation projects. With this work, Genève Lab contributes to regional dynamics that promote sustainable development of civil society, the economy and the environment in Geneva.
Living Labs for Improving Air Quality
Krakow Technology Park is one of the key actors in the co-creation and implementation of the Regional Innovation Strategy and in the promotion of smart specialisation and user-driven innovation approaches in the region. It was established in 1997 as a joint initiative by city authorities, the Malopolska regional authorities, and Krakow’s three largest universities. In this webinar, KTP talks about their experiences with Living Labs for improving air quality in their city.
One of the biggest challenges Living Labs face are drop-outs of participants. It is difficult to keep people interested in attending multiple workshops. In this webinar, Adolrasoul Habibipour presents his award-winning research on this topic and talks about different ways to keep people engaged.
- Living Labs as a Service
imec.livinglabs is a test and experimentation platform in Flanders, Belgium, that performs Living Lab research for achieving business and policy goals based on real-life testing and stakeholder co-creation and co-design. It offers innovators a test user panel of over 16,000 ‘mee-makers’, a dedicated Living Lab back office platform, business model expertise and application prototyping experts. In this webinar, Dimitri talks about Living Labs as a service, sharing his insights on how to support business innovation through assumption-based testing.
- Example of Basaksehir Living Lab
Basaksehir Living Lab has aimed to increase the life standard of the local society, the quality of Basaksehir district of Istanbul, and consciousness of urbanisation by means of taking into consideration desires of the local citizen and society by a set of high and standardised innovative services for the local public as well as private organisations. Basaksehir Municipality, in accordance to these purposes regarding applying the quality, provide unconditioned customer satisfaction, education and control to all of its citizen and employees, by continuously improving and applying development facilities. One of the near future objectives is also to replicate similar Living Labs to other cities around Turkey.