Vacancy: Videomaker & Storyteller
You’d be working in a dynamic international team, where colleagues with different backgrounds and a common passion for living labs collaborate, each with their own expertise.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As a creative Video maker and Storyteller, you will play a pivotal role in making the results of our EU-funded projects more engaging and accessible to a wider audience through the production of compelling videos .
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with our team to understand the objectives and key messages of the projects we work on.
- Create short and visually appealing videos for different projects focusing on both technical aspects (e.g., on Energy Communities, coastal Living Labs, gendered innovation, etc.) or capacity building to explain the Living Lab methodology.
- Use your storytelling skills to craft compelling narratives that captivate our audience and keep them engaged throughout the videos.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
We welcome candidates who are skilled in either video making or storytelling, as well as those who excel in both areas.
- Ability to simplify complex technical content into engaging and easy-to-understand products (visuals and narratives)
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of collaboration
- Spirit of creativity
- Genuine interest in topics like sustainability, energy communities, and climate resilience. Your products should aim to create positive change in society.
- Proven experience in video production, with a portfolio showcasing your creative work
- Proficiency in video editing software and a solid understanding of video production techniques
- Clear understanding on how visuals can enhance storytelling and use appropriate shots, angles, and graphics to convey the message effectively
- Visual consistency throughout the videos, aligning with the project’s branding and requirements
- Talent for weaving captivating narratives
- Ability to adapt your storytelling style to fit different projects and topics
- Mindful of cultural differences and create stories that resonate with people from various backgrounds, especially in videos with subtitles in different languages
- Open to trying out different storytelling styles and ideas to keep the content fresh and exciting
- A 70% to full-time contract as a freelancer based in any EU country and able to prove freelancer status as a natural person
- Salary depending on qualifications and experiences
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the Video Making Role, the Storytelling Role, or both, we encourage you to apply for the Creative Video Producer and Storyteller position. Please specify the role(s) you are applying for in your cover letter.
Please submit your CV, portfolio (for video making), examples of your storytelling work, and a cover letter detailing your interests and qualifications at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Video Maker [and/or] Storyteller”
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be assessed on ad hoc basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to set up an online interview.
Last deadline for application is August 15th.
We look for candidates to join our internships, who have a combination of excellent academic performance strong practical experience and compelling personal qualities. You can send your application (CV and cover letter) to email@example.com.