Interreg MED Project Open Call: External Policy Expert
Assignment title: External Policy Expert
Duration: Temporary contract (maximum 150 hours)
Preferred starting date: 01 February 2019
TALIA (Territorial Appropriation of Leading-edge Innovation Actions) is the Social & Creative project under the Interreg MED Programme on ENoLL’s Project Portfolio. The project is currently on its second year of activity and approaching the final straight of a three-year journey.
In a nutshell, the TALIA project aims to promote trans-local innovation clusters for creative and social innovation by providing instruments that allow trans-national Mediterranean initiatives – the so-called Modular Projects – to connect with local innovation communities, starting from the regions of participating partners.
ENoLL’s role in TALIA can be summarised as follows:
- Mainstreaming results from the MED area to the rest of Europe. ENoLL’s main role will be to use its methodologies and tools, platforms and events to reach out to different global innovation communities.
- Establishing synergies at a project and policy level between the MED programme and other EU programmes. ENoLL will vehicle and escalate the TALIA message to Brussels policy level, through its links to the Commission DGs (Connect, Growth, Region, etc.) or the Committee of the Regions.
- ENoLL will support the development of sustainable Quadruple Helix structures in the MED area.
ENoLL Office is calling for an External Policy Expert to join our transnational team. The purpose of this role is to manage ENoLL ‘Capitalisation’ tasks within the TALIA project to promote and upscale the services of the Modular Projects through the development of a series of Policy Tools. The External Expert will undertake both policy and advocacy work for this task. Likewise, the right candidate will support the integration of the Policy Tools in the online Social&Creative Toolkit within the InterregMED web platform.
The External Expert will complement activities within the scope of ENoLL’s specific competencies and mission through a specific experience in regional innovation policy and specifically the MED programme.
- Development of specific technical and advocacy input for Policy Briefs and related tools that advocate for the Social&Creative Industries in the Mediterranean area.
- Up-scale the results and methodologies of TALIA Modular Projects to a regional, national and European policy level.
- Integration of the developed Policy Tools into the Social&Creative Toolkit within the InterregMED web platfmorm.
The successful candidate will balance excellent required technical, policy and advocacy skills in a multicultural context with good web development competences, and the ability to plan and implement in a team environment. They will share ENoLL’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications & Knowledge
- University degree in social sciences subject; advanced university degree will be of advantage.
- Good knowledge of regional policy-making processes and Smart Specialisation Strategies.
- Good knowledge of the Living Lab approach.
- Knowledge of the Cultural & Creative Industries policy domain, as well as the Social Innovation field.
- Very good understanding of co-creation and co-design methodologies.
- Knowledge of semantic technologies for knowledge management and user interfaces.
- Proven track record in policy-making or counselling (minimum five years’ experience).
- Proven experience in advocacy in Europe.
- Track record of policy and advocacy successes;
- Liaison with senior experts and project partners.
- Experience with inter-regional or cross-border Living Labs.
- Previous experience with the InterregMED Programme and/or TALIA project will be an asset.
- Previous engagement in ENoLL activities and/or external expert/in-house consultant engagement will be a strong advantage.
- Capacity of distance collaboration and coordination of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary work groups.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Confident and flexible, proactive and self-motivated, able to move easily between tasks.
- Capable networker, able to coordinate and operate effectively in partnerships.
- Positive and energetic approach towards work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for a variety of audiences and in a variety of settings, with the highest level of attention to detail.
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and working knowledge of French and Italian is desirable.
- Competent in web development and creation of semantic frameworks and user interfaces.
- Duration: From February 1st until the project closing date based on needs (maximum 150 hours)
- Renumeration: Based on experience, maximum 50 € per hour inc. VAT.
- Location: teleworking, ideally expert located in Italy.
- Travel: Travel might be necessary depending on need, within Europe.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above and are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: TALIA External Policy Expert” in the subject.
Deadline for applications is 28th January 2019 at 23:59 CEST.
Applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.