Vacancy: Capacity Building Internship
We are looking for a Capacity Building Intern to support and develop the ENoLL Virtual Learning Lab – 8-week course on how to set-up a Living Lab.
ENoLL is a non-profit international association headquartered in Brussels, Belgium and representing 140+ Living Labs in Europe and worldwide. The main goal of ENoLL is to facilitate the cooperation and the exploitation of synergies between its Living Labs and other key external stakeholders. Together with the ENoLL members the network supports the diffusion of a new, inclusive and bottom-up “Innovation Lifecycle” where all actors in the system are actively involved: end-users, SME’s, Social Innovators, corporations, citizens, public sector, NGOs, academia and the wider research communities. Thus, the internship will give the candidate an extraordinary opportunity to build up experience on innovation ecosystems including a wide range of stakeholders.
The intern will support the weekly live sessions (organized on ZOOM) in the training program, running for 8-weeks from mid-February until mid-April. They will provide administrative and technical support in the program and will also have a significant role in the analysis and future development of the course. As the Virtual Learning Lab is a new business offering of ENoLL, the internship is well suited for a candidate looking to build their portfolio with new product-service-process design projects: including a view on the strategy, operations, design, continuous improvement of a training and/or consultancy offer to a wide-range client base. The weekly live sessions are organized as virtual workshops, offering the intern experience with a wide range of virtual facilitation techniques and tools.
What you bring:
– Strong analytical skills
– Advanced knowledge in virtual tools (ZOOM, Microsoft office, Gmail, video editing software of your choice – required) (Virtual facilitation tools Miro, Google apps, Adobe software – is a plus)
– Knowledge/experience of Design Thinking, Service Design, Business/Innovation management or related field dedicated to the design/development of new business offers
You will thrive in this role if you:
– Can work independently and remotely with guidance from teammates
– Are able to work both at detail level with focus on accuracy as well as the wider view on the strategic level and expected impacts (both administrative and creative tasks are involved)
– Are excited about including a new service-product-process improvement project in your portfolio, leading your role from start-to-finish
– Are a creative person
– Are able to work in a dynamic environment surrounded by an international team
– Respect diverse values and ideas
– Are curious about the work of Brussels based associations and European (as well as Global) Innovation ecosystems
Benefits for the candidate:
– You will add a real-life product/service/process design project in your portfolio that you can use to promote your skills in your future endeavours
– You will be a key member in an international team of passionate people who are result oriented
– You will work fully remotely, together with people from different nationalities and diverse backgrounds
– You will jump-in a new service offer that has successfully concluded its first pilot phase and is open to your ideas and suggestions for future development. The design has been based on personas, customer journeys and service blueprints, which will be reviewed and updated by the intern based on collected data and feedback.
– Enrolment in an educational institution (BA or MA student of Service Design or related field).
– English language proficiency
Duration of internship: 4 months (upon agreement)
application deadline: 29 December 2020
interviews: 4-8 January 2021
selection & contract: 11-15 January 2021
starting date for internship: 18 January 2021
*the above timeline offers some flexibility (±1 week) according to the schedule of your studies, eg. exams. Please get in touch with us if the schedule of your university studies requires slight changes in the application timeline.
Your application should consist of your resume and portfolio complemented projects (if applicable) with a motivation letter (1-page): why would you like to join the ENoLL team and what do you expect from the internship.
Candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org