OpenLivingLab Days (OLLD) is the annual global gathering of Living Labs organized by the European Network of Living Labs. This year, the event will be held in Turin, Italy, between 20-23 September. Hosted and co-organised by the City of Turin, CTE NEXT – The House of Emerging Technologies, and Torino City Lab, will the support of the Ministry of Economic Development of Italy and the participation of the European Commission. The OLLD offers a space for policy makers, companies, entrepreneurs, academics, Living Lab representatives and innovators to explore, connect and work together.
“The city as a Lab, but now for real!”
Re-working open innovation environments for inclusive, green and digital transition through emerging technologies
Living labs are strong instruments that support cities and regions in their transition towards a resilient and sustainable future based on open and inclusive innovation. They represent a key element in empowering citizens to co-create their cities & regions while enhancing their ecosystems through emerging technologies.
Therefore, as orchestrators of open innovation environments, Living Labs involve all stakeholders to tackle real-life problems and co-create concrete, long-term impacts which can be scaled-up.
Since the aim of the OLLD is to explore the full potential of Living Labs, the conference will focus on five thematic tracks that are strongly linked with the Living Lab world:
- Society: exploring all ‘human’ aspects of innovation in cities via Living Labs.
- Governance: exploring analysis and practices for governing cities and living labs.
- Green & sustainable: analysing how Living Labs contribute to address climate change and new models for sustainable products & services.
- Transformation: addressing digital and green transformation, urban planning & development, zero pollution, also through smart & emerging technologies
- Beyond the city: innovation beyond city borders, focusing on rural living labs, on scaling-up and cross-sectoral and cross-border collaboration to support (global) challenges at regional level.
Find more information at https://openlivinglabdays.com/