Living Labs & Open Toolkit Hackathon
LIVE IT (Living Labs & Open Toolkit for the co-design of accessible computer systems and tools to support people with cognitive disabilities) is a research project co-funded by the European Union and is about digital accessibility of people with cognitive disabilities. It aims to create an online community of people interested in or working in the field of internet access without exclusions. The open online community of the project is available through the following link (makerspace).
As part of the desire to collaborate and share experiences and ideas with policy makers, developers, professionals and other stakeholders, LIVE IT invites you to participate in the 2nd online Hackathon that will be held from 28/1 to 4/2. The theme of the 2nd Hackathon will be “Dealing with heavy text-based and cluttered pages”. The Hackathon will be conducted in English and will comprise 2 online sessions.
Regarding the 2nd Hackathon, please, follow the steps below:
- For your participation, please fill in the registration form of the 2nd Hackathon at: https://forms.gle/ZUVQvEG6LydnagaD9 or provide the researcher that invited you to LIVE IT and the 2nd Hackathon with your contact information and email address
- The 2nd Hackathon starts on 28/1/2022 at 10 GMT. To connect to this session (with duration of about 1 hour), please follow the following link: https://authgr.zoom.us/j/91384508305?pwd=QUtzeldrQkU3Rjl3R2JNdkw5N2ZnZz09. During this session, the LIVE IT toolkit will be presented (https://live-it.azurewebsites.net/Toolkit/) and an online discussion will be held with the participants to explain the purpose, the procedures and to answer your questions
- The 2nd Hackathon involves 2 sessions 7 days apart (the closing meeting is on 4/2/2022 at 10 GMT) and in between, the participants will have the opportunity to interact with the toolkit and prepare in any format (apart from the oral, e.g., Word document, PowerPoint presentation, infographic, video, notes on paper) an idea to improve it to make it more useful
- During the 2nd live session on 4/2/2022 with duration of about 1 hour (connect using the following link https://authgr.zoom.us/j/97920450890?pwd=UWZsQlZpNFBkdElZM01CQWx3eTVyZz09), the improvement ideas will be presented and the 3 best will be selected by the evaluation committee of the project
- The 3 best ideas will be awarded with 1 tablet each*
*In case a winner has already won a tablet in a previous LIVE IT Hackathon, the committee will set a different prize on a case by case basis.
Follow LIVE IT on social media:
Subscribe to the Newsletter (https://liveit-project.eu/#subscribe) to receive updates on the activities of the laboratories in the 4 countries participating in the project (Greece, England, Ireland and Portugal).