International Ecological Engineering Conference 2023 Chania
This is a special conference for the IEES, as it marks the 30th anniversary since their foundation of the in 1993! In this frame, their aim is to deliver and spread the message of redefining the ecological engineering discipline and communicate the IEES’s vision of an ecology-inspired circular engineering, as described in the Manifesto of Ecological Engineering.
An extended spectrum of conference topics has been formed indicating this modern holistic approach of Ecological Engineering.
- The general conference topics are the
- Use of ecological elements and ecosystems to reduce pollution
- Use of ecosystems in a circular society
- Circular design and integrated planning approaches for increased resiliency
- Resource recovery and reuse
- Climate change, green and just transition, and carbon neutrality: the role of ecological engineers
- Regenerative agriculture
- Ecological Engineering and the mining industry
- Ecological Engineering Education
The official working language for the conference is English.
There will be oral and flash oral presentations and poster sessions.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Chania!