Innovative Europe? Time for a new EU innovation strategy
Europe’s economy is picking up – but what about its engine for future growth: Research and innovation? This conference debates the policies and programmes Europe will need for long-term prosperity – across all sectors: health, ICT, manufacturing, energy, regional development and more.
- Devising a broad, cross-sectoral innovation policy – energising industry large and small
- How to finance innovation – from Juncker Plan to European Innovation Council?
- What mission for the next EU Framework Programme?
- Workshops on removing barriers to innovation – in artificial intelligence, intellectual property, regional development and other areas (registration for the workshops will open soon)
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jean-Eric Paquet, Director-General, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Mariana Mazzucato, Special Advisor on Mission Driven Science and Innovation to Commissioner Moedas, European Commission; Founder and Director, Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose, University College London
- Christian Ehler, Member of the European Parliament
- Karen Maex, Rector Magnificus, University of Amsterdam
- Jacques Volckmann, Associate Vice-President, Global R&D sites, hubs and scientific support, Sanofi Pasteur; CEO, Sanofi Vaccine technologies SAS
- Hermann Hauser, Chair, High Level Group of Innovators, European Commission; Co-founder, Amadeus Capital Partners
- Patrick Prendergast, President and Provost, Trinity College Dublin
- Sauli Eloranta, Head of Innovation and Technology, Rolls-Royce Marine
- Daria Tataj, Chair, Research, Innovation and Science Policy Experts (RISE), European Commission; CEO, Tataj Innovation
- Pekka Soini, Director General, Business Finland
06.06VITALISE Summer School 2023 on Living Labs & Commercialization BootcampThe second VITALISE Summer School is taking place on 8th and 9th of June 2023 in Bilbao, Spain to support researchers and Living Lab beginners interested in applying the Living Lab methodology and tools in their studies and research. In addition, the VITALISE Commercialization Bootcamp will be held prior to the Summer School, on 6th and 7th June 2023 in Bilbao, Spain.26.06IWA ecoSTP-23 6th International Conference on eco-technologies for Wastewater TreatmentDiscussing the latest cutting-edge eco-technologies for a sustainable transition in wastewater treatment19.09Science Summit at the United Nations General Assembly9th edition of the Science Summit around the 78th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA78)21.09OpenLivingLab Days 2023Flagship event of the Living Lab community, this year in Barcelona!01.10International Ecological Engineering Conference 2023 ChaniaThe conference will be held between October 1st – 5th, 2023 in Platanias – Chania on the island of Crete, with physical presence and is organised by the Technical University of Crete. 04.10International Forum on Agroecosystem Living LabsThis first Forum will be held from October 4 to 6, 2023, in a hybrid format in order to offer an unforgettable experience, both at the Palais des congrès de Montréal and remotelysee more