Innovative Europe? Time for a new EU innovation strategy
Europe’s economy is picking up – but what about its engine for future growth: Research and innovation? This conference debates the policies and programmes Europe will need for long-term prosperity – across all sectors: health, ICT, manufacturing, energy, regional development and more.
- Devising a broad, cross-sectoral innovation policy – energising industry large and small
- How to finance innovation – from Juncker Plan to European Innovation Council?
- What mission for the next EU Framework Programme?
- Workshops on removing barriers to innovation – in artificial intelligence, intellectual property, regional development and other areas (registration for the workshops will open soon)
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jean-Eric Paquet, Director-General, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Mariana Mazzucato, Special Advisor on Mission Driven Science and Innovation to Commissioner Moedas, European Commission; Founder and Director, Institute for Innovation and Public Purpose, University College London
- Christian Ehler, Member of the European Parliament
- Karen Maex, Rector Magnificus, University of Amsterdam
- Jacques Volckmann, Associate Vice-President, Global R&D sites, hubs and scientific support, Sanofi Pasteur; CEO, Sanofi Vaccine technologies SAS
- Hermann Hauser, Chair, High Level Group of Innovators, European Commission; Co-founder, Amadeus Capital Partners
- Patrick Prendergast, President and Provost, Trinity College Dublin
- Sauli Eloranta, Head of Innovation and Technology, Rolls-Royce Marine
- Daria Tataj, Chair, Research, Innovation and Science Policy Experts (RISE), European Commission; CEO, Tataj Innovation
- Pekka Soini, Director General, Business Finland