European Week of Regions and Cities
The event was created in 2003 when the European Committee of the Regions invited Brussels-based local and regional representations to the European Union to open their doors to visitors simultaneously. One year later the European Commission’s DG for Regional Policy also joined the adventure.
Developing from the initial concept, the event has become a European networking platform for experts in regional and local development. Exchange of good practice in economic development and social inclusion, cross-border cooperation, public-private partnerships, regional innovation and community-led local development have become some of its many topics.
Over the years, the event has grown into the key event on EU Regional Policy. It welcomes some 6.000 participants in October each year (local, regional, national and European decision-makers and experts) for more than 100 workshops and debates, exhibitions and networking opportunities.
In addition to the Brussels-based workshops, local events are run from September to November all over Europe.
Who should participate?
The European Week of Regions and Cities and its workshops, debates and networking activities are addressed to:
- members of the European Committee of the Regions, members of the European Parliament and national, regional and local politicians;
- European, national, regional and local government officials and experts in the field of managing and evaluating cohesion policy programmes;
- representatives of private companies, financial institutions and European and national associations;
- journalists from European, national, regional and local media outlets;
- researchers, PhD or masters students and practitioners in the field of European regional and urban policy.
The typical participant is from the regional or local administration and new to the event, and is travelling to Brussels specifically for the event.
Tuesday, 20 Feb 2024
The VITALISE consortium together with ENoLL are glad to announce the organization of the event entitled “Health and Wellbeing Living Lab symposium” that will be held in Brussels, Belgium on the 20th of February 2024.