Enabling the Open Science Modus Operandi in Europe
The symposium takes place on Thursday 29 November 2018 in Brussels at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel from 16:00 to 19:30 and will be followed by a networking reception.
The symposium aims to discuss key enablers of the open science modus operandi in Europe, including:
- how to transition to immediate open access swiftly and foster a transparent and competitive scholarly communication sector;
- rewards and incentives for embedding open science in research practices, promotions and assessments.
Confirmed speakers already include:
- Jean-Claude Burgelman – Head of Unit Open Science, European Commission
- Michael Hengartner – President of swissuniversities and Rector of Zurich University
- Stephan Kuster – Secretary General of Science Europe
- Karel Luyben – Former Rector Magnificus Delft University of Technology and Dutch National Contact point for Open Science
- Kamila Markram – CEO Frontiers
- Ingeborg Meijer – Senior Researcher and Research Evaluation Consultant, Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS)
- Gareth O’Neill – President of the European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers
- Florian Pecenka – Head of Unit, Austrian Permanent Representation to the EU
- Falk Reckling – Head of Department Strategy, Austrian Science Fund (FWF)
- Alexis Walckiers – Invited Professor in Microeconomics, Université Libre de Bruxelles
More details in the draft programme can be found here.
Registration for the symposium is already open. Kindly note that the number of seats is limited.
26.06IWA ecoSTP-23 6th International Conference on eco-technologies for Wastewater TreatmentDiscussing the latest cutting-edge eco-technologies for a sustainable transition in wastewater treatment19.09Science Summit at the United Nations General Assembly9th edition of the Science Summit around the 78th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA78)21.09OpenLivingLab Days 2023Flagship event of the Living Lab community, this year in Barcelona!01.10International Ecological Engineering Conference 2023 ChaniaThe conference will be held between October 1st – 5th, 2023 in Platanias – Chania on the island of Crete, with physical presence and is organised by the Technical University of Crete. 04.10International Forum on Agroecosystem Living LabsThis first Forum will be held from October 4 to 6, 2023, in a hybrid format in order to offer an unforgettable experience, both at the Palais des congrès de Montréal and remotelysee more