ClairCity’s final conference on citizen-led air pollution and carbon reductions
Cities throughout Europe are faced with the challenge of tackling local air pollution and carbon emissions. ClairCity has been working with citizens, decision-makers and cities across Europe to find out how the involvement of citizens in these decision-making processes can accelerate progress towards clean air and low carbon futures.
ClairCity invites you to join us for our end-of-project conference to hear what we found. After four years of research, working collaboratively across six European cities and regions, ClairCity is delighted to be sharing our final results from citizen-inclusive decision making.
What to expect:
- Shared learnings about how cities across Europe have been seeking to address climate change and air pollution
- Innovate approaches and experiments that your city could take to involve citizens in decision-making processes
- Speakers from the European Commission and World Health Organisation
- Sessions exploring the personal experiences of our partner cities and regions: Amsterdam (The Netherlands) Aveiro (Portugal), Bristol (UK), Liguria (Italy), Ljubljana (Slovenia) and Sosnoweic (Poland)
- Celebration, marking the end of Europe’s largest project of this kind
The conference will take place at Atelier29, Rue Jacques de Lalaing 29, 1000 Brussels on Thursday 19th March. The venue is centrally located, close to Brussels-Schuman train station, with many hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions nearby, should you wish to stay for the night.
On the day of the conference, registration will open at 9.30am and the talks will commence at 10am. We will finish at 16.20pm with a drinks reception. Lunch will be provided and the conference is free to attend.