CALL FOR ARTICLES: Open Innovation for Sustainability: An Urban Perspective
This Special Issue aims to collect two different kinds of contributions:
- Articles describing how open innovation models, frameworks and findings can help address sustainability challenges within cities. They may include:
- Research on a particular city sustainability challenge examined from the perspective of open innovation.
- Conceptual and theoretical frameworks illustrating how open innovation can contribute to enhance the development of solutions to address sustainable development challenges in cities.
- Empirical city sustainability research based on quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods, addressing and illustrating the benefits of drawing on open innovation. Cases analysed by adopting a process theory approach (e.g. Langley, 2009) are particularly welcomed.
- Comparative and analytical studies on urban cases, projects and initiatives responding to sustainable challenges with open innovation approaches.
- Empirical cases of innovation projects concerning the sustainability of cities, which can provide useful insights into open innovation practices and methodologies. They may include:
- Urban projects and initiatives that address global sustainability challenges and are able to describe or capture peculiar aspects of open innovation in urban environments.
- Specific solutions implemented or experimented in cities, which clearly represent the outputs (products or services) of open innovation processes oriented to global challenges and aiming at shifting towards sustainability.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 December 2018
Find more: http://www.mdpi.com/si/
26.06IWA ecoSTP-23 6th International Conference on eco-technologies for Wastewater TreatmentDiscussing the latest cutting-edge eco-technologies for a sustainable transition in wastewater treatment19.09Science Summit at the United Nations General Assembly9th edition of the Science Summit around the 78th United Nations General Assembly (UNGA78)21.09OpenLivingLab Days 2023Flagship event of the Living Lab community, this year in Barcelona!01.10International Ecological Engineering Conference 2023 ChaniaThe conference will be held between October 1st – 5th, 2023 in Platanias – Chania on the island of Crete, with physical presence and is organised by the Technical University of Crete. 04.10International Forum on Agroecosystem Living LabsThis first Forum will be held from October 4 to 6, 2023, in a hybrid format in order to offer an unforgettable experience, both at the Palais des congrès de Montréal and remotelysee more