CALL FOR ARTICLES: Open Innovation for Sustainability: An Urban Perspective
This Special Issue aims to collect two different kinds of contributions:
- Articles describing how open innovation models, frameworks and findings can help address sustainability challenges within cities. They may include:
- Research on a particular city sustainability challenge examined from the perspective of open innovation.
- Conceptual and theoretical frameworks illustrating how open innovation can contribute to enhance the development of solutions to address sustainable development challenges in cities.
- Empirical city sustainability research based on quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods, addressing and illustrating the benefits of drawing on open innovation. Cases analysed by adopting a process theory approach (e.g. Langley, 2009) are particularly welcomed.
- Comparative and analytical studies on urban cases, projects and initiatives responding to sustainable challenges with open innovation approaches.
- Empirical cases of innovation projects concerning the sustainability of cities, which can provide useful insights into open innovation practices and methodologies. They may include:
- Urban projects and initiatives that address global sustainability challenges and are able to describe or capture peculiar aspects of open innovation in urban environments.
- Specific solutions implemented or experimented in cities, which clearly represent the outputs (products or services) of open innovation processes oriented to global challenges and aiming at shifting towards sustainability.