In the past 8 years, the European Urban Resilience Forum (EURESFO) has been a unique exchange platform for city representatives, experts and stakeholders from local and regional institutions to discuss strategies, initiatives and actions for adapting to climate change and building urban resilience. The event is an initiative from ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability and the European Environment Agency (EEA) since 2013.
EURESFO will take place on 19-20 October as a hybrid event, inviting local and regional institutions from Scandinavia and beyond to a personal exchange in Malmö, Sweden. Those who cannot travel, due to ongoing restrictions, will be able to attend part of the programme through live streaming.
- Implementation of the EU Adaptation Strategy: focus on cities and regions
- Climate justice and equity in climate adaptation
- Sustainable finance and innovative funding for adaptation
- Towards a resilient recovery
- Ecosystem restoration and the nexus between biodiversity and climate resilience
- Nature-based solutions for healthy ecosystems
- Local adaptation planning for smaller municipalities
- Low-carbon initiatives and sustainable buildings
- Data-driven initiatives for integrated climate strategies
- Disaster risk reduction and cultural heritage